Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Sync

Viewport Sync

It would be great to have two drawings synchronized like 2 vertical viewports, one with design information, the other with as built information, but both of them synchronized when applying zoom and similar stuff, therefore we could see/compare both information much easier and quicker as 12D software does just as an example.

Other way around, same drawing, 2 viewports, syncronize but... have the option of turning on/off different layer in both viewports.

Also would be great to measure from one to the other.

Make sense?

Cheers.

Vince.

4 Comments
TimYarris
Autodesk

Hi @valonsoiglesias . Have you tried the AutoCAD DWG Compare tool? It sounds like this idea would be solved by that existing tool:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/ENU/AutoC...

valonsoiglesias
Contributor

Hi Tim,

Much appreciated for your reply but that is not quite what I was actually asking.

May I post a link to a youtube video belonging to a different software where shows what I was suggesting?

Cheers.

Vince.

TimYarris
Autodesk

@valonsoiglesias , yes -- please do share a video if you have one. 

valonsoiglesias
Contributor

Hi Tim,

Happy new year, thanks for replying.

Below is the link to the video I was talking about before.

To not waste your time, firstly please jump to 1m30s , in which you will see a normal tile vertical window into 2 views. Important: both views are from same DWG or Project, so both contains same Layers (models in 12D), therefore, those layers can be managed separately in both views. Let's say just drainage layers in one view, electrical conduit layers in view 2, or design in view one and as built in view 2.

Then, in 2m25s you will see what I meant by Sync views, by applying zoom to view 2, view 1 synchronizes and same zoom occurs on both views with the "Autosync Plan View" option, this is shown in 2m50s.

As said before, both views belong to same drawing or project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkINQKyTKWI

Cheers.

Vicente.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report