Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanilla Commands versus Civil3D Commands

Vanilla Commands versus Civil3D Commands

How hard would it be to make some of the everyday editing commands that are civil3d specific but be able to used in a vanilla fashion?

These are just some of the ones come to mind. (Civil3d to Vanilla)

_AeccBreakFeatures to Break

_AeccTrimFeatures to Trim

_AeccJoinFeatures to Join

_AeccFilletFeature to Fillet

_AeccReverseFeature to Reverse

_AeccInsertFeaturePI to Pedit

These are just some.... I know there's got to be away where we can just type a command ( break ) and it can break vanilla objects and the 3D objects.

Can one command perform an (either-or) fashion?

User types Break, and selects a polyline and can break it, but with the same command the user selects a feature line and it can do a _AeccBreakFeatures?

2 Comments
rkmcswain
Mentor

You can probably do this with custom programming.

For example, I created a command named ET for Editing Text, and the code launches the correct editor for whatever you select (Text, Mtext, Rtext, Attrib, C3D Label, ArcAlignedText, etc.). 

BlackBox_
Advisor
1+

I did something similar for my BAP (Break At Point) routine, which has always allowed for repeated entity + point specification (via WHILE loop), as well as CONDitionally supporting Lines/Polylines (aka Curves), and now Feature Lines.

Custom programming is the quickest way to get at what you're after, but I agree that Civil 3D *should* have supported the vanilla Commands since inception.

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report