Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Styles Reference Templates to Synchronize Dimension and Leader Styles

Use Styles Reference Templates to Synchronize Dimension and Leader Styles

The Styles Reference Template feature is great as it allows me to set the way I want my plans to look in a single place and know that all of my sheets referencing that style template will all look and feel the same way. Fantastic!

The problem right now though is that this styles template does not synchronize dimension styles or multileader styles. This is a problem because these are extremely common Autocad objects that reside in every drawing and in some cases make up the bulk of annotations which in turn is how the plans end up looking. Right now, I can copy these styles from one drawing to another, but they are not dynamically linked and therefore I have to manually make sure that all of the fonts, sizes, lines, arrows, kerning, etc. are all the same across all of my drawings.

Please change the functionality of these two objects so they act more like the rest of the styles in Civil 3D and can be synchronized across all my drawings using the Styles Reference Templates feature. This would be a great feature that I'm sure everyone would appreciate!

1 Comment
KPerison
Collaborator

YES!!! Please include Multileaders and Dims styles in the "Other Resources" tab.

Seems to be an obvious choice to include, not sure why it wasn't there in the 1st place?

I just reviewed C3D2020 and it is not available in that version either. 

Can't believe this hasn't got more votes yet!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report