Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool to Export Feature Lines / Corridor Feature Lines as Polylines

Tool to Export Feature Lines / Corridor Feature Lines as Polylines

Hi Guys in my company we spend allot of time exploding Feature Lines / Corridor Feature Lines & gradings and then making polylines of them and set all elevations on 0. After that we move it into a combined "Master File". it would be great if you had a tool to do this, as it will save us allot of time.

6 Comments
mikemcculley5692
Contributor

There is a lisp routine called figure2poly that I use to convert feature lines to polylines. Search google for it.

Domziman
Advocate

found it thank you for the info

TimYarris
Autodesk

Hi @Domziman.  As an alternative to the script provided by @mikemcculley5692 , would the ExportC3DDrawing command satisfy your requirement? 

mikemcculley5692
Contributor

@TimYarris I have not used that command. What does it do? 

TimYarris
Autodesk

@mikemcculley5692 , ExportC3DDrawing exports a Civil 3D DWG to an AutoCAD DWG (or Microstation DGN). It has options for DWG versions to export to, as well as whether to export feature lines as 2D or 3D polylines.

Autodesk Civil 3D Help | To Export an Autodesk Civil 3D Drawing to an AutoCAD DWG File | Autodesk
https://help.autodesk.com/view/CIV3D/2022/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-61D485EE-F82B-464F-AC54-E4B564451...

mikemcculley5692
Contributor

I'm not sure that is what he was looking for. In my case (being the surveyor), my crew collects field data with linework. The linework imports as 3D polylines, which I convert to feature lines for surface creation. Once the surface is completed, and in order for our civil designers to work with the lines, I select all of my feature lines and run the FIGURE2POLY script. Now I have a set of feature lines and polylines. I then select all feature lines again and copy them to a layer that is turned off. Then I select all of the polylines and change the elevations to 0. Seems to work best, for me at least.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report