Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface - Watershed Ponding Depression

Surface - Watershed Ponding Depression

Need another Watershed type in the Watershed Analysis that finds and delineates the top spill containment elevation for a depressed area.

This is the elevation where the ponding water would start to spill out from the depression.

6 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

Yes, actually, that surface is a horizontal plane. 

I rememeber seeing a similar utility in Terra Power Tools. For example, if you want to make a lake contained around the montains.

https://civilplus.net/product/terra-power-tools-for-autocad-civil-3d/#terra-power-tools-application

Other softwares also have this utility to create a new surface which is the top level of the lake.

I think you should pick a point inside the theorical lake in that command.  (it would be interesting 2 options: The user can type an elevation or Get the Top automatically).

fcernst
Mentor

The routine would place a marker at the spill location. There may be more than one spill location for some depressions.

The Watershed ID label would specify the water surface area at the spill elevation, and the water volume at the spill elevation.

joantopo
Mentor

This option (maybe called sheet of water) should be within the "Grading Creation tools" under the option "create Infill".

Currently, in your grading group you can already assign a base volume surface and a target surface.

Grading criteria for this type of grading?.. well, I don't know but the user must assign at least a target surface.

And the grading group is a surface.

For "create infill" you must pick a point inside the area, here is the same.

Even we could apply a volume adjustment by elevation or by the top level of the water.

If you make a lake in a grading group, you need another grading group to create just the "sheet of water".

joantopo
Mentor

Your markers about spill could be a new component in the grading object.... "spill mark" component.

fcernst
Mentor

No, you're making things to complicated.

These watersheds would simply be created automatically with the other watersheds.

joantopo
Mentor

I prefer specific objects than routines.. routines are not dynamic generally.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report