Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Slope Labels For Curves

Surface Slope Labels For Curves

I'd like the ability to create a three-point (arc) surface slope label. The flow arrow would display as an arc shape. In Canada we show curb return grades in plan view.

Curb Return.JPG

6 Comments
sboon
Mentor

This can be done already in the software.  I posted a solution a few months ago.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

troma
Mentor

@sboon can you link to your solution please?

sboon
Mentor
troma
Mentor

That's a very detailed and nifty label style you put together there Steve. But it looks like that thread was about a feature line label.

This wish is regarding a surface slope label.

sboon
Mentor

You're right, I didn't notice that.  I recognized the screenshot from the original thread by @kevinjackman but I didn't realize that the request here was for a surface label.

I'm not sure how a curved label would work here.  Would this be calculated using the two endpoint elevations and the length of the arc?  Or maybe some sort of weighted average slope for each triangle that the curve crosses?

troma
Mentor

I suggest the simpler method: two endpoints and the length. That's how a two-point surface slope label currently works, right?

The only differnece would be using the arc length and showing a curved flow arrow. To totally finish off the request, the arrow would need to have the ability to be offset from the points picked; if you look at the screenshot the arrow is not on the line, but the surface points in question would be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report