Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer: Shape API Function for Area

Subassembly Composer: Shape API Function for Area

I would love to see a Subassembly Composer API Function for the area of a shape. This would be especially useful when one of the shape links is a surface link and therefore calculating the area using simple geometry is not really an option. (For example it would be nice to be able to generate two shapes and compare their area and then utilize a decision based on which one has more area.)

2 Comments
KMercier_C3D
Advisor

If this was an API function it would also therefore be helpful if there were auxiliary shapes so that the comparison could happen even if you do not want the shape in your final subassembly.

ecfernandez
Advisor

Hi, @KMercier_C3D I totally agree with you, your idea would be great. Tell you what? today I was trying to set an output parameter as the result of a subtraction of two shape areas, and as you said, in one of those shapes, a surface link was involved. I was looking for information about my intention, and finally, I got here. I have to say that it is disappointing that by now such capabilities like these are still not possible. I hope Autodesk takes this into account and makes the API more powerful in the coming releases of the subassembly composer. My regards

PD: You should open a personal web site, I love to read your posts in the Autodesk forums since you have such great content to share with others. Bye!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report