Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start station of alignments in the Roundabout.

Start station of alignments in the Roundabout.

In 2017, when we use Autodesk Vehicle Tracking with the command "Create Roundabout", it generates "circular" alignments.. well, actually is an alignment composed by 2 arcs.

I can move the grip of the arcs to change the start station of the alignment. This way, I can display the station labels according a particular criteria.

Generally, The start station is the intersection point with the main road alignment.

The issue is this is not dynamic, so if I update the VehicleTrackingJunction, alignments are updated again so its start station is ALWAYS in the North direction.

It would be interesting, in this case for 2 arcs which define a circular alignment, some parameters to set this behaviour. For example, an angle relative to the North direction to place the start station of the alignment.

New location of start station= North direction + Angle. = new bearing.

Even it could be linked to the direction (bearing) of a choosen entity of the main road alignment. This way, you don´t have to worry about this.

333.jpg

1 Comment
eng.sherif015
Participant

engsherif015_0-1693073044539.png

hello ,

I think you have to do the following:

1- edit the start station "calculate the length between current start station and the station that you want to start from " 

2-start equation and chose the station that you want to start from then but in station ahead 0+000 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report