Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Dialog Box for "Set Working Folder"

Standard Dialog Box for "Set Working Folder"

I posted a couple of days ago about the export dialog box.

I wish that the "Set Working Folder" also included the "saved places".  I work on multiple projects everyday and find my self having to navigate a bunch when changing projects.  If this Dialog box was also the standard dialog box with Saved Places it would be very handy.

I am pretty good about keeping all of my current projects in the saved places as it saves a huge amount of time.

2 Comments
BlackBox_
Advisor

1+

I agree that many of these dialog boxes need to provide the standard file selection capabilities - saved shortcuts, ability to paste a file path, etc.

I also work on 5-10 different projects a day (rare when it's only 2-3), but associating a given working folder's project to multiple precludes my need to manually navigate to different working folders - once associated, it (the working folder) changes automagically when a drawing is opened, when switching document tabs, etc.

Problem there is, having to manually associate new drawings created + saved to the same project - you'd think we could set working folder such that any drawing under the working folder is automagically associated - a would be 'relative association'.

... Maybe I should code an app for that; hrmm.

Cheers

tarynPMUXC
Observer

Would love to see a solution to this one. A colleague has a standard dialog box come up when he is setting a new working folder for data shorcuts, but he doesn't know how he got that to work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report