Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone LandXML reporting tool

Standalone LandXML reporting tool

This thread reminded me of the fact that Autodesk has a standalone tool for working with XML files which we produce from Civil 3d.  Many times I have delivered the design data from my project to a client or surveyor only to get a reply email asking for a printout version or a csv file etc.

The LandXML tool is not shipped as part of any Autodesk product, but it still works just fine for those of us who are fortunate enough to have a legacy copy installed.  What I'm asking for is an installer package for this software.   I don't want support or development, just give me a download link so that my clients or other users can make use of XML files without my involvement.

Thanks,

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

2 Comments
dgorsman
Consultant

This may be as simple as providing an XSLT file (and maybe a CSS file, if you're feeling fancy) with instructions to format as HTML tables, along with the appropriate instruction node in the LandXML file.  The XML file can then be opened in Excel with the table formatting intact, and saved as an Excel/CSV/etc. file if they feel like it.  This doesn't require any downloads, installs, etc.  I do this for a lot of my own (non-Land)XML report generation.

glaslp
Advocate

> The LandXML tool is not shipped as part of any Autodesk product, 

Are you sure? I have it on my PC, and I think it came with Civil 2017. But nevertheless I support your idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report