Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Profiles - Allow Label for Spanning Segment on Both Views

Split Profiles - Allow Label for Spanning Segment on Both Views

When I split my profile across multiple Profile Views, invariably, there is a segment that is shown on (at least) two Profile Views.  But C3D will only allow the segment to be labeled ONCE.  When a segment spans across multiple Profile Views, please allow the label(s) for that segment to be shown on each Profile View.

3 Comments
kssnuggle
Advisor

This same problem exists in pipe networks. Storm and sanitary.

jeffl
Advocate
This should be a standard feature. I can't remember a project where this hasn't come up. I created a label style for profiles and pipes that allows me to drag the copy to the second profile view, this is only a work-around.
sirjoelsph
Collaborator

@doni49 This is already possible - you just need to use the "in view" options for profile labels.  To label my tangent grades, I draw an invisible line from "Anchor Tangent Start In View" to "Anchor Tangent End In View" and then place my tangent label at the midpoint of that line.  I use similar settings for vertical curves as well.  These ensure that a label is always present no matter where a profile view starts or ends.  Unfortunately, these same options don't exist for pipe networks.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report