Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split / Merge Alignments

Split / Merge Alignments

It could be very interessing to split or merge alignments.

15 Comments

I can think of a few things, but what would you be looking to do with this ability?

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Guillaume.Desmedt
Collaborator

When you use an alignment with associated profile and project management order to split alignment in order to separate alignment in DS for example.

Only answer is you cannot with C3D...

The way to do is duplicate, and manually change alignment (as long as your alignment is).

Hard to explain generally, if somebody can add a comment on it.

baileysan
Enthusiast

I've come across this when working on sidestreets, at one point when quickly laying them out, you have one alignment that covers a sidestreet that extends both sides of the mainline. Later a median was added along the mainline and one side did not need to be directly aligned with the other, but it was difficult to split into two and rebuild one alignment and profile.

manateejim
Advocate

I designed phases of a project once that actually became one project.  It would have been nice to merge the baselines to make one corridor ect.

manateejim
Advocate

I have posted this in the past and it has 10 thumbs up.  Can these posts be combined so Autodesk takes it into consideration?

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

This idea is under consideration for a future version of Civil 3D. Please visit the Autodesk Civil Infrastructure Product Roadmap for details and to vote for this idea to indicate its importance relative to other items that are under consideration.

tom4YHX5
Explorer

This is great, when I have an extension or have to change the stationing for an alignment, is to create a new alignment and redo the profiles. I also would have to add all new labeling for those profiles as well.

Thanks for reposting this for consideration.

SoaresASBCAD
Collaborator

Ao fazer um ajuste de alinhamento no civil 3D, para não ter que mexer no alinhamento já gerado, poderia gerar apenas um alinhamento do trecho modificado e unir em seguida. Simplesmente com uma ferramenta de união de alinhamento.

When making an alignment adjustment in civil 3D, in order not to have to change the alignment already generated, I could generate just an alignment of the modified section and then join it. Simply with an alignment join tool.

Translated by Google
Traduzido por [@clacampos] através do Google Tradutor

ChrisRS
Mentor

via Google Translate:

Alignment adjustment

By making an alignment adjustment in the 3D civilian, so as not to have to mess with the alignment already generated, it could generate only one alignment of the modified stretch and join then. Simply with an alignment join tool.

-----------------------------------------------

I do not know if this is very good translation. @SoaresASBCAD, if possible, you might want to correct this.

SoaresASBCAD
Collaborator
Thank you ChrisRS. It's perfect.
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

@SoaresASBCAD . Thank you for your idea. Would this existing idea (requesting an alignment split/merge tool) satisfy your requirement?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-ideas/split-merge-alignments/idi-p/6834016

Via Google Translate:

Gracias por tu idea. ¿Esta idea existente (solicitar una herramienta de división/fusión de alineación) satisfaría su requisito?

SoaresASBCAD
Collaborator
Yes, that's what I need. when I review a project and I can't change the entire alignment, I only use a section and then join it by placing equal stakes.
tom4YHX5
Explorer
Good to know, this may have been a new command that I was not aware of. It has been a few years since I have created an alignment or done any designs to have for creating a profile.

Thank You
SoaresASBCAD
Collaborator

I would still like an option to join alignments in civil 3d,  like making a connection and automatically deleting the part that doesn't interest

I am working in a large METRO Rail project. For a altering one curve out of 100 curves, I prefer the isolate portion of C3d alignment, about 1km length from 50km full model, for editing. Later on, I may update the full model.

While two designer working on a Large project, Each of them can process, a portions of Project, later, shall be combined to single Alignment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report