Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope Hatch Tool

Slope Hatch Tool

There is a tool in the German DACH extension for Civil 3D and also a similar tool in ACAD Architecture (Escarpment Tool)  that produces  a simple hatch pattern between two polylines which is very useful for a quick indication of slope without going through the motions of creating surfaces/gradings etc

This is extremely useful (since @Alfred.NESWADBA and @Jeff_M provided the translations here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/expert-elite-lounge/dach-extension-for-civil-3d-translation-required/t... ) and really should be available as part of the main product

11 Comments
neilyj666
Mentor

Apologies forthe link - it's in the EE lounge so only Expert Elites can view.......but take my word for it, this is a usefiul tool...:):)

TerryDotson
Mentor

Just curious if that is dynamic (updates if one of the figures change)?

neilyj666
Mentor
Don't know but would doubt it - I'll try it on Monday. The tool allows editing after creation and also deletion.
neilyj666
Mentor

The vertices of the polylines can be grip moved and the hatch remains dynamic

Civil 3D is built on Architecture Desktop, (yes while Autodesk is bashing Land Desktop Civil 3D is built on a platform from the same era). While most of the commands are not included Escarpment happens to be included. While there isn't a button for it, typing Escarpment will run the command. 

TerryDotson
Mentor

Thanks for letting everyone know about the Escarpment command.  After I create one, moving the original polyline vertices DOES NOT update the hatch dynamically, contrary to NeilJ's response.  Perhaps a newer version is supplied in the "DACH extension".

neilyj666
Mentor

I was referring to the DACH tool having the dynamic capabilities - I wasn't aware of the existence of the Escarpment tool in Civil 3D as I suspect 99% of users aren't.

troma
Mentor

@Civil3DReminders_com  How do I get this to work?

ESCARPMENT.PNG

Civil 3D 2013, SP2, 64 bit

Win 7 Pro, 64 bit; Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz; 8GB RAM

It was a new feature in AutoCAD Architecture 2014.

http://autocad-architecture-blog.com/autocad-architecture-2014/

troma
Mentor

Thanks @Civil3DReminders_com

Your blog post just showed up in Outlook. That explains it too! Smiley Happy (I don't have Architecture.)

CADmgrMike
Collaborator

I have Architecture 2015 installed as well as the Civil Suite and C3D still doesn't recognize the command. ???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report