Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope arrow for curved lines

Slope arrow for curved lines

A slope arrow that could show the slope along a curved line of a surface would be very convenient. Could be achieved by use of three points, I guess, instead of the one or two that are currently available to show slopes along straight lines.

2 Comments
ChrisRS
Mentor

I assume that you are looking for a surface label.

This is interesting, but I am not sure how it should work in general.
Civil 3D surfaces are a network of plane triangle. In my mind the kind of arrow you are asking for would be a line of constant slope from start to end. This line would be a polyline with an angle point where ever it crossed a TIN line. It may or may not approximate a curve.

Would you want this to include a calculated slope? Would the slope value be from point 1 to point 3?

santhoulakis
Advocate

That's right Chris, I want an arrow showing the elevation difference of two points on a surface divided by the length of a curve between them. Of course in order to define the curve, the user would need to use at least 3 points, so the elevation difference would be that of the 2 extreme points.

I think that currently this is how slope is calculated, isn't it? You can show a slope between 2 points of a surface, even if the line between them crosses one or more triangles of the surface.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report