Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show the grade value while we are dragging some grip in the profile.

show the grade value while we are dragging some grip in the profile.

I would like that when we are dragging some grip of a tangent entity (from a layout profile), Civil 3D show the grade value of the temporal tangent next to the entity.

I also made this request for the grip of the arc entity (from alignment) when we drag the grip of the arc to edit the Radius (to show the Radius value).

100.jpg

5 Comments
robert06
Collaborator

Also, it would be very useful to have "triangular" directional drag grip in the start / end of profile (single tangent sections endpoints), which is currently enabled only in tangent intersections (middle of profile). So it would be possible to extend the tangents without changing grade.

joantopo
Mentor

Great idea robert06.

I have noticed that if we have enabled the "Dynamic Input Tooltips" in AutoCAD, we can show and type the station of the drag grip.

11.jpg

Perhaps, it would be necessary a swicth to change the data type of the "dynamic input", I mean, if we want to show "the station", "the grade" or "length" (to make an extension with the same grade) of the tangent entity.

So, we could show the grade and even edit the grade.

Perhaps, we could do that with Control Keys.

robert06
Collaborator

Thanks. What bothers me the most is that I can't extend profile endings to another profile (existing surface etc) at desired grade without drawing a construction line etc. Fixing the grade I described in previous post would be great assist. Another great tool would be "extend to profile" in the geometry tools set.

Robert

joantopo
Mentor

With "AddProfileViewDepthLbl" the grade value is dynamic but using Profile labels, they are not dynamic while we are dragging some grip.

joantopo
Mentor

PowerInroads is very powerful about this:

Not only show data in the drawing but also that data is dynamic when you move some grip. Even you can edit the data directly from the drawing without opening Editor Datatables.... (in Civil 3D, you have to open always the Alignment Editor Geometry or Profile Editor Geometry tool).

I miss this in Civil 3D comparing with PowerInroads.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report