Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save/Load Layer Filter Trees

Save/Load Layer Filter Trees

Restore the icons that used to be in the Layer Properties Manager of Civil 3D 2016 for controlling the saving and loading of layer filter trees.  They were very convenient and worked well.  As a replacement for the icons, I made command aliases LFTS for LAYERSAVEFILTERTREE and LFTL for LAYERLOADFILTERTREE.  Now, whenever I load a .LFT file, I have to either switch to another DWG file and then back again, or close and reopen the Layer Properties Manager to get the newly loaded filter tree to display.  That never happened when the icons were available.  I have 59 custom filters based on a public works engineering CAD standard that I load with every DWG file.

5 Comments
samir_rezk
Advisor

Hi @JohnPachol 

Because the commands are still available, you can tweak the windows registry just a little to make the icons show up again in the layer properties manager. I wrote a simple step by step direction on how to enable the icons again at the link below:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/civil-3d-2019-new-layer-from-standard-missing/m-p/8510...

Hope this helps,

JohnPachol
Enthusiast

Samir,

The fix works great!!  Thanks for sharing that.  I did it for Civil 3D 2020.  The registry key is similar to Civil 3D 2019, as described in your fix.2019-07-23 10_10_55-Registry Editor.png

neaton
Advisor

Please bring back the functionality that we had before. Not everyone wants (or is allowed) to change the registry. 

bryan
Advocate

Why would you remove this feature? Am I now supposed to create all of these filters by scratch again? Please return the ability to save and import layer filters. We are creating our base templates for 2020 and I am not happy about this at all.

Haruko-CTQ
Enthusiast

Please Please bring back this function!!!!  We need it!  It is a great time saver.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report