Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC: more improvements.

SAC: more improvements.

-If we make a "Decision" with an inexisting point, SAC doesn´t consider a mistake.

For example, the following Decision:

AP3.DistanceToSurface(TN)>0

But AP3 doesn´t exist in our subassembly...

So, before I can use a point in the Decision, previously it must exist, if not then SAC warns about this mistake.

-We can create an "Auxiliar Link" (or "Link") but  not using auxiliary points. Currently, to define an "auxiliary link" must have with 2 Points (no auxiliary points).

8 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

It happens the same with the "Start Station" and "End station" of a "Surface Link" (or Auxiliary Surface Link).

You can type an inexisting point but SAC doesn´t consider an error.

joantopo
Mentor

wish: no Report messages for Intersection points.

32.jpg

I am using "Intersection Points" to check if 2 links are crossed each other, but if they don´t cross then the "IntersectionPoint". IsValid= False and automatically this subassembly will send a report message to the event viewer.

I use IntersectionPoints to get the intersection between a link and a surface link in this case, but I don´t mind if the IntersectionPoint.IsValid= False because I only use the "IsValid" in the Decision.

I don´t like this or at least I was be able to set this behaviour. (checkboxColumn in the DatagridView to enable or disable them)

doni49
Mentor

@joantopo wrote:

-We can create an "Auxiliar Link" (or "Link") but  not using auxiliary points. Currently, to define an "auxiliary link" must have with 2 Points (no auxiliary points).

Sure you can......

SAC AuxLinkPreview.png

SAC AuxLinkProperties.png

joantopo
Mentor

Well, I think that this is new in SAC 2016. 

I tried with SAC 2015 and I couldn´t.

joantopo
Mentor

And about disable Report messages is solved like @doni49 said:

In the same point properties there is the checkbox "Show errors"

joantopo
Mentor

This is OK:

SAC warns to us. (we can´t create new points from inexisting points)

32.jpg

SAC doesn´t warn to us in some expresions:

-Start X or End X in a surface link.  (Start X= P5.X)  and P5 doesn´t exist.

-In a decision, for example (P5.DistanceToSurface>0)   P5 doesn´t exist..

78.jpg

Perhaps, the reason is to not to lose this settings because when we break a branch, in the first case, the selected point is removed, although when you join the branch again, it recovers the previous point.

doni49
Mentor
I used to it in 2014. I don't have access to 2015 so I can't test.
joantopo
Mentor

Another thing:

If we use some variable, for example a string variable. If we use it in some code point (or code link, code shape), and then we change the name of the variable, SAC doesn´t warn to us that the variable in the code point doesn´t exist.

See the following example:

65.jpg

The variable "codificado" was created and used for the point code (P2), but later, this variable was renamed to "codificado2".

SAC doesn´t warn to us that "codificado" var doesn´t exist.

It happens very often when we copy and paste a variable, because the variable is automatically renamed wit the sufix "_copy", for example "codificado_copy".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report