Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace surface and update references

Replace surface and update references

Hi,

It would be great if Civil 3D had a feature where you could replace a surface with a new surface and update all references to the new surface.

For example, I have received a new drone survey that I need to data shortcut it into my drawing.  I now need to update all my longsections, cross sections and cut and fill to reference the new surface.  This process will take some time.  A tool similar to the "replace block" feature that would swap out the surfaces and update all references would be very helpful.

I know there are workarounds, such as having a container surface that I paste new surfaces into.  But this isn't always practical, plus it is another level of complexity.

1 Comment
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @m_kingdon . Thank you for your idea. Have you tried using the Data Shortcut Manager dialog box to accomplish this task? This dialog box enables you to point a drawing object to a data shortcut within the project. In the example you describe, you could have shortcuts to multiple surfaces and use this dialog to point the drawing surface to a new version of the surface.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report