Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Along Pipe Network

Profile Along Pipe Network

We routinely create a plan and profile of our drainage pipe networks.  This currently involves drawing an alignment on top of the pipe network.  Then if an associated drainage structure moves, we need to remember to adjust the location of the alignment.

We need some method that's a little better than this.  Maybe create a new alignment type (in addition to centerline, offset, miscellaneous) called Pipe Network.  Then anytime the structure is moved, the alignment would also move automatically.

Or maybe allow us to create a surface profile along with a profile view that follows the Pipe Network.  Here's one recent example.  The first image is the plan view of our sewer pipe leading to a lagoon.  The second is the profile of that pipe network.

C3DPipePlan.png

C3DPipeProfile.png

2 Comments
RCBmstg007
Advocate

I think I asked if they could make a method where we can attach/link a vertex of the alignments ontop of a civil3d pipe network. or reference it. that way as you move the pipe network structure, the vertex of the alignment would follow. Then there would be a way to detach it if need be.

RobertMansson
Advocate

Great idea, I have the same problem and agree.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report