Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add a default profile/section style setting in the Surface properties.

Please add a default profile/section style setting in the Surface properties.

I wish there are default profile & section style settings in the DTM surface properties, so that i don't have to pick the different profile styles when i need to sample multiple surfaces with multiple alignments.

5 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

This should be in the Surface style not in the Surface Properties.

Similar than the "code set style" for corridors, a "set style" which includes a surface style, surface section style and profile style.

The issue is a surface profile or surface section can be converted to static (and again to dynamic), so what would happen then?  Maybe, a way to override these default styles from the profile properties or section properties and a way to load again the default styles from the "set style".

Simon_Blain
Advocate
CNinBC
Advocate

@Simon_Blain yes, that's what i want.

@joantopo No, it should be in the surface property, i wish to be able to specify a default profile/section style to be used when creating a surface profile. currently, if you sample multiple surfaces to create surface profiles, it will all set to default profile style, you have to change it one by one to distinguish each ones (like EG, FG, Stripping, CB Rim Dummy Surface, etc).

CNinBC
Advocate

Capture.PNG

jeffl
Advocate

I would also like to be able to change the profile surface name in this table (1st column).  I hate having to go back later to give them specific names such as Existing (1) and Design (1) or whatever to be descriptive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report