Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Produtivity Tools

Pipe Network Produtivity Tools

There is currently an app on the app store that has better and more applicable pipe network functions that would improve and increase functionality and design. The link to the app is here: https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3apipenetworktools...

and the description of what is does is this.

This set of productivity tools contains an array of time saving tools for repetitive tasks with Pipe Networks.

They provide increased productivity to the following Pipe Network tasks: Swapping Parts, Adjusting Pipe Elevations, Adding Wye Connections, Modifying Part References, Modifying Part Descriptions, Modifying Part Styles/Rules/Materials, Labelling Pipe Crossings, Labelling Pipe Elevations at any Point Along Pipe, Renaming Parts, Gathering Quantities, Daylighting Pipe at Surface, and Modifying Hydraulic Properties.

Where applicable, all of the tools allow for handling multiple objects with three selection methods: Network, Multiple, and Path. Network collects all parts inside a selected Pipe Network, Multiple allows the user to select multiple parts on screen, and path allows the user to select a start pipe/structure and an end pipe/structure and return all parts in between along the shortest path through the network.

These are the items i wish could be added to improve C3D.

5 Comments
C3D_TomR
Collaborator

Great app!!

redtransitconsultants
Collaborator

Thanks for the acknowledgment of usefulness these tools.

neyton_
Advocate
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is a great idea, but the timing isn’t quite right for development consideration in the near term. As such, it is being put on the back burner to be re-visited at a later date. Please continue to comment and add your support.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Sr. Product Manager

Autodesk, Inc.

KirkWM
Collaborator

My main request is better interaction with editing vertical data of pipe networks in plan view, perhaps much like the quick elevation editor for feature lines. It takes forever to click on one pipe at a time in plan and click the ribbon button, then scroll through the list. The panorama is OK but my pipes are never in name order so I can't can't really use the pano.

We need tools for sanitary sewer service laterals. They should be able to connect to the PNET without having to create a new junction/node as it turns one 300ft pipe between manholes into 50 separate pipes which becomes impossible to make design changes to. I suppose that C3D could create an un editable note to connect the service, but that node would be controlled by the up and down stream manhole structures.

Also with laterals you have angled cleanouts and elbows to deal with that just aren't available, but that's a little different idea.

I also believe that the pipe flow direction tool should always be from high elevation to low elevation! not by original draw direction but still have option for overrides. 

Thanks for considering this one Peter 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report