Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percent input for profiles (tangent) with free station

Percent input for profiles (tangent) with free station

If you have two tangents in Civil and you want to adjust one tangent with a fixed percentage value, then the station-value is always kept as a fixed value. However, it would be nice if you could "detach" the stationing and adjust the stationing by entering the percentage value. In my example, I want the right tangent to have a percentage value of 3%, and let 1% for the left site:

ffurger_0-1629180486801.png

I.e. the right tangent would be adjusted in the direction of the yellow arrow (direction of the left tangent) on the percentages against the left.

The input in percent could work e.g. via the dynamic input.

7 Comments
n.machairakis
Explorer

Furthermore, there are 3 values that can and should be adjustable (lock 1 of the and let C3D adjust the other 2):

• Height
  • Station
  • Percentance

This SHOULD have been available to choose instead of "playing around manually" till someone gets the desired result. I used to work with Bentley Microstation and that was not an issue at all. I am aware of the differences between CAD-Plattforms but I really don't understand the struggle for Autodesk to solve this. Perhaps a forum-admin could enlighten me on the issue.

Thanks for your time.

joantopo
Mentor

Also if you do a lot of zoom IN, those triangles grips are not showed...

f_furger
Advocate

@joantopo Very good input, this has been bugging me for a while too.

n.machairakis
Explorer

Hi there! Are there any news on this subject? 

Greetings. 

f_furger
Advocate

@TimYarris what do you think about this?

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is a good idea. We will keep this on our list for the future, but we do not plan to implement this in the immediate future.

n.machairakis
Explorer

Hello Mr. Yarris

Thank you for your response. 

I hopep it would be rather sooner than later, but I appreciate that you consider that matter for a future development.

Greetings 

Niko Machairakis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report