Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing variable in new Offset Geometry (SAC)

Missing variable in new Offset Geometry (SAC)

Hi guys,

It is not clear why offset distance in SAC is exact value and cannot be used input or output parameter. Anyway it has no big sense.

Thanks

Martin

4 Comments
doni49
Mentor

I'm not sure what "offset distance" you're talking about.  Points use XY values that are relative to another point in the SA.  You can even specify to WHICH point it's relative.  Each XY distance can use an input parameter to control its value.

doni49
Mentor

I stand corrected.  I now have 2016 installed and see that SAC 2016 has something called "Offset Geometry".  I can confirm that attempting to put an Input Parameter fro the Offset Distance causes SAC to IMMEDIATELY remove it from the properties.

doni49
Mentor

Until such time as they fix this, you can use the following to get what you need (it actually works without needing the offset geometry).

In this example, P3 is created by turning 90 degrees from the line P1/P2 (with P1 as the angle point) and going a distance specified by the offset parameter.

From there it created P4 at the same slope as L1.

SAC Offset Geometry.png

elvinlee
Contributor

I feel this is such a wasted tool if you can't put in an Input Parameter and you must hard-code the value in. I know of the angle and distance method, but I think this offset geometry could help clean up the flow chart.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report