Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror featureline

Mirror featureline

Not sure if this has been rasied or not but....

It would be very useful to be able to mirror a featureline natively rather than having to explode > mirror > recreate

3 Comments
Status changed to: Archived

Due to a low strategic fit, technical feasibility, or the support of your peers, ideas with this status are not being considered for implementation at this time. Thank you for your contribution, every idea has merit. We always encourage you to rework and resubmit these ideas based on feedback received.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Sr. Product Manager

Autodesk, Inc.

JOKO_
Enthusiast

I agree that the ability to mirror a feature line would be very useful.  Especially when the feature line elevations are assigned relative to a surface.  One instance where this is applicable is when modeling area drains on residential lots that are the same in every way, just mirrored.  Thanks for the original post neilyj!

Kempostudent3
Advocate

I agree, this seems like a basic concept since many other items can be mirrored.  I have a project with identical buildings and I would like to replicate my design for a mirrored version of the building... but oh wait, Autodesk didn't have the creativity to envision a case where a designer might want to do this, nor did they see the point when someone pointed out the limitation.  Now I'm stuck taking a few hours to recreate a complicated design. 

I'm sure other people would find this useful, but we don't all take the time to constantly look at the forums for good ideas and chime in so that you will listen to us.  We are too busy working on our projects to spend the time it would take to get Autodesk's attention, assuming that they would ever listen.  Even great ideas that have had more support are typically not implemented.  It's unfortunate because the software could be really good if Autodesk listened to its users.  Instead, they generally ignore good ideas and force the users to waste hours of their time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report