Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Structure and Pipe Styles

Managing Structure and Pipe Styles

I am looking to organize my company's structure and pipe styles. Is there a way to have drop down trees created within these styles similarly to the parent/child relationship with label styles? 

For example I have 23 pipe styles that I am looking to organize with 4 parents. This would allow my design staff to be guided through the selection process.

If there is a recommended best practice for managing these styles that would be greatly appreciated.

If this is not a feature is there a way update CAD do so? In the least add it to a wish list for future projects? I have seen this requested in forums going back to 2012. Additionally a drag and drop option would amazing for managing the structure/pipe styles and label styles.

Best,

Colton Johnson

4 Comments
matt_anderson_pe
Advocate

Why do you have so many pipe styles rather than pipes in the catalog?

cjohnsonDKRCD
Explorer

Hi Matt,

I just started at a new company and have been tasked with cleaning up their C3D templates, so I am still learning the rhyme and reasoning. 

Could you explain how this would look or a few screen shots? 

@matt_anderson_pe 

matt_anderson_pe
Advocate

@cjohnsonDKRCDsent you a PM.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @cjohnsonDKRCD ,

Thank you for your idea -- we'll do some research on this suggestion. In the interim, have you experimented with managing styles using reference templates? While it's not exactly what you describe, it might be a way to make managing styles a little easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report