Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make grading projection lines useable for targets etc

Make grading projection lines useable for targets etc

Often I find a need to use the projection lines of a grading for additional gradings or as a target for a corridor (see attached images). I'm sure the development team has looked at this scenario and probably can't solve it yet but I'll post it as a wish to keep it on the radar. 

6 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

Interesting.

Or a tool (command) to extract a particular Projection Line to a dynamic featureLine.

How many "Projection Lines" contain always a grading object?  2 ?

Neilw_05
Mentor

Gradings have multiple interior projection lines depending on the baseline and tessellation settings. Display of those interior lines can be controlled in the style independently from the exterior projection lines. That makes me think they are different entities. Your idea of extracting them as dynamic FLs might work too. 

Neilw_05
Mentor

I've learned the exterior projection lines CAN be used as targets for corridors. Therefore that functionality has already been addressed.

Status changed to: Implemented

This was implemented. In 2017 you can take it to another level and use the grading projection line as a corridor baseline.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Neilw_05
Mentor

Peter,

While projection lines can be used as corridor targets, they cannot be used for gradings. We certainly don't want to create a corridor every time we need to grade out from the end of a grading. That is unneeded complexity and overhead. Please reconsider the status of this wish. 

Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report