Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock "Pan" command while Tiled Vertically

Lock "Pan" command while Tiled Vertically

I use the pulldown "WINDOW" "TILE VERTICALLY" a lot....

And for that, it would be nice if under the pulldown "WINDOW", we had the option to "LOCK" the two separate drawings while panning/zooming, etc...

8 Comments
troma
Mentor

Do you mean pan both windows together? Or what...?

qnologi
Advisor

Yes.

Take for instance you were looking at "LARGE" sites, this could be any type of drawing, in my case, I do Construction Layout, As-Built, Boundary, Topo. I just thought it would be nice to have the ability to "LOCK" any of these two drawings "side-by-side" and view them in tandem, panning/zooming etc.

I use Xref as well, but sometimes I would enjoy this as a new feature to AutoCAD.

qnologi
Advisor

I take it I'm a lonely horse on this "IDEA", oh well Smiley Frustrated 

troma
Mentor

Not a feature I've ever tried to use. But I guess it could be useful.

qnologi
Advisor

troma wrote: But I guess it could be useful. 

Would that be enough for a "voteSmiley Surprised

Thanks for the feedback...

joantopo
Mentor

There is a similar idea but about "orbit", which I would lock only to orbit in 2D, not in 3D:

Lock types could be: only horizontal, only vertical, only in 2D,...  for tools related to zoom, orbit,... etc.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/improving-the-command-quot-orbit-quot/idi-p/63...

jeffl
Advocate

How about somehow linking two horizontal viewports for panning.  I'm thinking plan view on top and profile below.  This could be useful for long alignments.  This could be an option that can be turned on/off, much like synchronous scrolling in excel.

qnologi
Advisor

The possibilities are endless and all of which are worth noting.

If only there was a way to persuade Autodesk to possibly implement something like this. Hint. Hint...

Smiley Wink

Thank you all for your feedback. Perhaps one day?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report