Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key functions required to added for CIVIL3D to competent with other softwares

Key functions required to added for CIVIL3D to competent with other softwares

Hi Autodesk,

Here i attached list of functions to be improved in civil 3D, especially for rail industry.

Few are listed in attachment, which we are lagging when compared to other software's which are using in current Rail Industry. 

Thanks for asking users for ideas/improvements

Regards

Naveen

8 Comments
nigel.peters
Autodesk

Neveen,

Thank you for your feedback.

The good news is i believe that 2 of the items on the list have already been addressed, last year in Civil 3D 2020.1 we released  functionality to generate dynamically linked left, center and right rails either as feature lines or 3d poly lines. The rails take into account of CANT and allow for both an accuracy tolerance or fixed length tesselation. As part of the feature it is possible to extract rail location and elevation to a excel spreed sheet.

bnaveenc034
Participant

Hi peters,

Can you guide me, how to do those 2 items which are addressed in Civil 3d 2020.1

Thanks 

Naveen

FrankHuang
Autodesk

Hi Naveen, 

see attached for the commands for creating rail line, and export rail line to external excel.RailLine.png

@bnaveenc034 , for the superelevation band requirement, you mentioned we need to add Left and Right Rail, also speed limit designed in profile table. If possible, could you please give a sample drawing for that? 

Frank Huang

Autodesk Infrastructure Rail Product Owner. 

bnaveenc034
Participant

Hi Frank Huang

Thanks for sharing information.

But i am using C3D 2020, I verified manage.autodesk.com . i don't have updates related to Civil 3D.

Is there any other way to get updated software C3D 2020.1?

Thanks 

Naveen

FrankHuang
Autodesk

@naveen, have you got C3D 2020.2? it contains 2020.1. 

also try Autodesk Desktop App, you should be able to find it there. 

bnaveenc034
Participant

@FrankHuang , my Autodesk Desktop App i didn't find updates for C3D 2020. Currenly i am using old version of C3D 2020.0 only. Attached Screen shots for information.

Autodesk Desktop App.JPGC3D current version using.JPG

FrankHuang
Autodesk

@bnaveenc034  I have no idea why. I will reach out to the guys who are responsible for this to see how we can solve this. 

FrankHuang
Autodesk

@bnaveenc034  one collegue's feedback on this. what you see depend on your account. Suggest you to contact your account adminstrator to check why. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report