Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iowa Regional Coordinate System

Iowa Regional Coordinate System

Are there any current or future plans to add the "Iowa Regional Coordinate System" to your mapcs library?

12 Comments

A few questions:

1. Has the system been approved or is it still proposed?

2. Has the system been registered with EPSG?

Right now this isn't on our list of things to do, but these local low distortion projection systems are happening all over the world. They can be added to Civil 3D by making a custom coordinate system right now. For the future, we'd prefer to derive our library from EPSG directly.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

augdog74
Enthusiast

1.) The Iowa DOT designed it and it has been publicized since 2014.   http://www.iowadot.gov/rtn/IaRCS.aspx

2.) I can't tell you the answer to this question, but I can probably contact someone from the IDOT and ask.

I have created some user defined coordinates for now but wanted to alert you on this.

Thanks

augdog74
Enthusiast

Here is the info to your 2nd question:

http://www.epsg-registry.org/

14 zones

EPSG codes: 7057 to 7070

anw52
Explorer

I also would like to know if/when this system will be added.

thoodjer
Community Visitor

Would also like to see theses systems added

Matt.Haney
Explorer

This keeps coming up over the past few years. IMO most Civil firms in the state of IA would prefer to use and have IaRCS available in OOTB form in C3D to use rather than IA State Plane . Since it is official with EPSG will Autodesk please add this into C3D.

augdog74
Enthusiast
I'm not sure why it isn't being incorporated into the new versions?

KWinslowOA
Contributor

@peterfunkautodesk

I have linked below to a screenshot of the EPSG site of the with "IOWA REGIONAL Zone 1"  Coordinate system. There are 14 in total on the EPSG site also numbered below.

Iowa DOT has a zip file with all the PRJ files in it at this site. https://iowadot.gov/iarcs/

If there is any other info you might be needing just let me know. I can try to dig it up for you. 

EPSG::7043

EPSG::7044

EPSG::7045

EPSG::7046

EPSG::7047

EPSG::7048

EPSG::7049

EPSG::7050

EPSG::7051

EPSG::7052

EPSG::7053

EPSG::7054

EPSG::7055

EPSG::7056

Thanks

Iowa Survey and Civil firms

zone 1.png

jmoellering
Explorer

Please send out some kind of alert when the coordinate system patch is available.

KWinslowOA
Contributor

@peterfunkautodesk

Any update on this? I think I provided all the information you requested above. 

Matt.Haney
Explorer

2019 Civil 3D now has the IaRCS zones all included in the OOTB install of available coordinate systems.

iarcs.jpg

KWinslowOA
Contributor

@Matt.Haney thanks for the 2019 update that's a huge help. I'd mark you as the solution if I could. #GoHawks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report