Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCREASE CIVIL OBJECT LABEL FUNCTIONALITY

INCREASE CIVIL OBJECT LABEL FUNCTIONALITY

We do a lot of subdivisions that include numerous intersections. As such, our plan and profile pages don't always have north pointing the same way. The labeling for grading, surfaces, pipe networks and alignments all move around in each viewport. We spend more time finding happy mediums or labeling everything twice than we do designing the system. I think labels should have an option to set a location based on a specific viewport. Or, at least an option to lock (pin) the rotation of the label. 

Further, give us a way to reposition leader location specifically in profile views.

If none of that is feasible, let me put the information in a mleader through 'fields'. Currently, there is no way that I'm aware of to extract civil data through a field.

2 Comments
This one would be super easy to implement in a third party if I don't care what happens when the drawing is exported to AutoCAD. Is not having the Export to AutoCAD important to you? Autodesk might surprise and let the third party code work before exploding the label for the current viewport. It would probably be a toggle in the form of a button on the ribbon where when you select the button and moving a the label will add a drag location to the new location without affecting the other rotations. Then untoggle it get the default behavior. Level of effort I'd say would be 4 to 8 hours plus writing the help file.
jeffl
Advocate

How hard can it be to make the labels work like annotative text?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report