Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include Cleanout Structure out of the box

Include Cleanout Structure out of the box

Who here likes editing your XML file every time you upgrade your Civil 3D or your PC so that you can show a structure comparable in size to a sewer or storm drain cleanout?  How about for every Cad station in your office?

Our company doesn't profile sewer laterals for subdivisions, but we most certainly do on large sites.

I would think this would be an easy fix, and that it would be used by nearly every Civil 3D User.

6 Comments
jeffl
Advocate
I keep my parts catalog on a network drive (backed up elsewhere, of course) with all my custom structures and simply change the path after installing new versions. So far, I've had no issues.
MMcCall402
Mentor

Same as jeffl, parts catalogs go in a shared folder on the network and the catalog location is set in the template drawing.

C_William_Lee
Advocate

Thanks, jeffl & MMcCall402

But, why not just add cleanouts to Civil 3D?  It's like not including concentric manholes if you ask me.  Aren't they something that everyone uses?  It's not like I'm asking them to add something bazaar that nobody will even care if it's there.

jeffl
Advocate
I personally don't create service pipes as part of the network, due to not being able to have blind connections that don't break the main line. But, I agree that you're not asking for anything bizarre. I imagine there are a great number of users that require them.
C_William_Lee
Advocate

How do you add let Civil 3D know where the xml file is stored on the network? Do you just add it's location to the Support File Search Path?

MMcCall402
Mentor

SetNetworkCatalog

Its on the Home ribbon on the pull down from the Create Design section.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report