Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import option for Deutsche Bahn Rail formats: .mdb .gra .tra

Import option for Deutsche Bahn Rail formats: .mdb .gra .tra

It would be great if there were an import tool for rail data from Deutsche Bahn: alignment data in a .mdb, .gra and .tra file (alignment, profile, cant) into Civil 3D.

8 Comments
Almin.Salkic
Community Visitor

Dear Autodesk developers,

please give us a tool to Import these mdb, .gra and .tra files from Deutsche Bahn. Civil 3D is probably the best and biggest Software for civil engineers and I am sure Civil 3d would become the main platform for rail design in Germany. It can not be that complicated as other, much smaler, software companies already have found a solution for that (eg Obermeyer with PRO VI). If you need more Information please contact me, I would be happy to help you with this. 

Thank you 

did anything change since then? or it is still impossibel to DBahn alignment .mdb format 

autocad.de564UY
Explorer

Any Update?

hubert_becker
Community Visitor

notwendig

nigel.peters
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

nigel.peters
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

.gra and .tra format files are being considered, .mdb files are currently not under consideration as we can find no details on the internal storage of the format.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

nigel.peters
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Verm.esn data files (.gra and .tra) are now supported. Install the Rail Data Exchange Extension for Civil 3D to get the functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report