Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast way to change surface style to _No Display

Fast way to change surface style to _No Display

While working in a model with multiple surfaces, there needs to be an efficient way to change the surface style to "_No Display".  This could be added to the right-click menu.

This will be useful when working with many overlapping surfaces and save time.

8 Comments
jeffl
Advocate
I agree it would save time, but there should also be a quick way to change the style back.
h.malgarezi
Advocate

For changing all of them at once, select any surface and use the select similar command to select all of them.

After that you can use the properties tab (the same one used for CAD components) to change the Surface Style rather than opening one by one in the Surface Properties window.

jeffl
Advocate
True, as long as that surface is still selected. Once you've moved on to edit something else, you have to go back to the surface properties
TerryDotson
Mentor

A lot of people we've worked with like a button [SurStyVis16.png] to immediately set all surfaces to NoDisplay and remember which ones were processed (for each open drawing).  The second time the icon is clicked it restores the previous state.

b.stark
Advocate

A lot of people we've worked with like a button  to immediately set all surfaces to NoDisplay and remember which ones were processed (for each open drawing).  The second time the icon is clicked it restores the previous state.

Terry, any chance you could expand? I know how to get it to turn them all to no display but not sure I know how to get them to restore back.

Thank you in advance

TerryDotson
Mentor

Sorry, failed to mention that is not OOTB functionality, coding is involved.

b.stark
Advocate

Ok, I kinda figured it might be. I can think of how to change them all to begin with lisp but I am not yet up on coding to figure out the rest.

Thank you.

AllenJessup
Mentor

Since an expanded version of this is available from an Authorized 3rd party developer. You might not see it soon in Civil 3D. Autodesk doesn't like stepping on the toes of it's developers. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report