cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Corner CleanUp tool for several corridors

Extend Corner CleanUp tool for several corridors

Hi.

Corner CleanUp tool (fix bowties) in C3D 2018 is excellent,

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/...

but it is per corridor. It doesn´t contemplate other scensarios (2 corridors at the time for example in an exit ramp- tappered deceleration lane). I don´t know if it is also valid for 2 BaseLines in the same Corridor.

ss.png

Yellow line is a FeatureLine drawn on both corridors. Elevations are from 2 corridor surfaces.

Lilac daylight is a Grading object (target to surface)

a1.jpg

If I do the daylight from each corridor (its daylight subassembly) then there is an overlapping area (bowtie).

It would be interesting another tool about Corner CleanUp between 2 corridors.

Another possibility would be a tool to merge 2 extracted corridor featureLines in a new dynamic featureLine.

For example, if I extract the corridor FL (EPS), from each corridor, a command to create a new dynamic featureLine which merges both corridor FLs.

Regards.

4 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

Well, C3D 2018 has the new feature: multiple dynamic BaseLines in the same corridor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_iAHtdaV-0

So I can extract the corridor FL from orange corridor and use it as BL in the same corridor to create the daylight. (this is a clear example)

Then cyan corridor can start with its daylight subassembly in the right side.

However, I like the idea of merging 2 extracted corridor featureLines to a new dynamic featureLine.

Regards.

fcernst
Mentor

In this exit ramp example there is no need for two Corridors though..Just use one Corridor.

joantopo
Mentor

You need to corridor to compute materials separately for each alignment.

Moreover, the inside daylight of the exit ramp is different from the another corridor.

fcernst
Mentor

..You need to corridor to compute materials separately for each alignment.

You don't need two Corridors though for this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report