Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering bearings

Entering bearings

When entering a deed or plat we have to pick "Line By Bearing" which then prompts to specify a first point. After picking a point to start at we enter the quadrant, then the bearing & finally the distance. All very basic & easy.

Why can't Civil work like Carlson after that? With Carlson, if my next line is in the same quadrant it is defaulted so I just hit enter, if the bearing is the same it is defaulted, so again I just hit enter & then enter the distance. This is incredibly helpful when working in a subdivision where multiple lots could have the same bearing & just have varying distances. Having to enter the quadrant & bearing every single time, even when it is the same, is very time consuming on bigger jobs.

If I created a product I would always be trying my competitors' products looking for ideas & ways to make mine comparable &/or better. Surely someone at Autodesk has used Carlson & thinks this is an idea that Civil should incorporate.

2 Comments
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. The development team will review the idea while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

MandyS4M43
Explorer

I agree with this request. Carlson takes into account the flow of the survey entry for B&D to create much better work flow, efficiency and potential for less errors. The Carlson software in general is more user friendly to survey plat style drafting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report