Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datum Shift Option

Datum Shift Option

Add an option in the style or object (check box and amount) to shift a profile or pipes.

The object would just be displayed at the elevation shift (typically 5 or 10 feet down). Labels for the object show the correct actual elevation.

This would save me from making objects no plot styles and then tracing them to shift down or having duplicate objects that display.

-John

3 Comments
rdbauer50
Contributor

Can you give an example/use case when you would do this? I am not sure why you would want this? Not saying it isn't a great idea, just not sure the exact use. 

erwebsite
Advocate

If you need to show multiple profiles on the same view that have relatively the same elevations.  

Examples on a profile view:

Prop. Centerline of Road Profile

Prop. Left Ditch Profile

Prop. Left Storm Pipes

Prop. Right Ditch Profile

Prop. Right Storm Pipes

rdbauer50
Contributor

Does the "Create Superimposed Profile..." or adding offsets to your surface profile cut not work for this? Pipes already allow you do add them if they are on the alignment or not and it also allows you to then add station offset labels to those pipe and structures. Not saying that this might not be useful, but for this case, it seems like there is already the tools needed. If I am not understanding the use case, please elaborate with some pictures maybe.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report