Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DREF Assembly

DREF Assembly

It´s often a good practice to divide you corridor design into parts of the alignment, it´s faster to work and in revision faces you can pinpoint the part your interested in without worrying about messing up the rest.

The first need is to create alignment and profile in separated files from the corridor, that's covered.

Next step is that you want the same assemblies in alot of corridor files, this is a manual copy process that is time consuming.

I would like the possibility to DREF assemblies.

With that you could build a master assembly file for your project and dref the assemblies out to the corridor files.

Best regard /Magnus 

4 Comments
jakubkares
Advocate

Hi there,

imagine, that you have really big and long highway project with lot of assemblies, coridors and regions. The best way for keeping my drawing relatively small and fast I create multiple corridors instead of one corridor with multiple regions.

5 corridors in five different drawings. - NOT one corridor in one drawing with 5 regions.

Why is that?

Well bacause the data shortcut can transfer only the whole corridor and it could take time especially when the highway is 15km long. That´s why multi corridor is better way but you need you assemblies in all drawings!

Solution:

I will have one drawing to keep my assemblies together and I will dref them to all drawings. It means that I could have just 20 assemblies not 5*20=100 

what do you think?

Tags (5)
cyberflow
Collaborator

An interesting idea would be to be able to datareference assemblies so that we can have templates assigned for the project in a source file !

Other softwares has that function would be nice to have it in Civil 3D !

cyberflow
Collaborator

Thx @TimYarris  to maintining this Idea section clean !

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

This idea is under consideration for a future version of Civil 3D. Please visit the Autodesk Civil Infrastructure Product Roadmap for details and to vote for this idea to indicate its importance relative to other items that are under consideration.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report