Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create References to All Data Shortcuts

Create References to All Data Shortcuts

Import more easylly all elements from a DS.

Like when I import a landXml file.

12 Comments
Status changed to: Accepted

doni49
Mentor

WHen creating a reference to something that has children (such as referencing an alignment that has multiple child profiles), I want the option to also select all the children that I want to reference too.

WIth the current workflow, my alingment has multiple profiles referenced.  When I want to reference them into my sheet, I need to create reference on one of the profiles and then do it again for the OTHER profile reference.

Make it similar to the dialog box that we use to make the shortcuts in the first place.

troma
Mentor

Sounds similar to this accepted idea.

I'm not really sure, because they talk about .xml which is something I don't use much. But it's heading in the same direction anyway.

I do like this:

Make it similar to the dialog box that we use to make the shortcuts in the first place.

Now that just makes sense!

doni49
Mentor

sounds similar enough.  🙂

Status changed to: Gathering Support

Similar to: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideastation/create-references-to-all-data-shortcuts/i...

Regards,

Peter Funk
Sr Product Manager
Civil 3D
Autodesk, Inc.

doni49
Mentor

@peterfunkautodesk,

Bad link.

Similar to: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideastation/create-references-to-all-data-shortcuts/i...

When this happens again, there typically is an extra space at the end of the address that the browser doesn't like. Remove it and you'll be fine.

Regards,

Peter Funk
Sr Product Manager
Civil 3D
Autodesk, Inc.

Similar to: 

Regards,

Peter Funk
Sr Product Manager
Civil 3D
Autodesk, Inc.

Status changed to: Implemented

One of the new features of Civil 3D 2017 is the ability to pull in a folders of short cuts with a drag and drop operation. When the objects are added to Civil 3D 2017, the folder structure is added to the Prospector tree as well.

Cheers,

Peter Funk
Sr Product Manager
Civil 3D
Autodesk, Inc.

Cadguru42
Advisor

This is only partially implemented and not exactly what the OP was asking for. In order to bring in more than one shortcut at a time, you have to create a folder in the Prospector, place the objects in that folder, then you can drag that folder into the drawing to create multiple data shortcut references. But you can only create a folder for each C3D object type that's in the prospector. For instance, you can't create a folder that has both a surface and an alignment. There's no master folder that can be created and have a combination of surfaces, alignments, pipe networks, pressure networks, corridors, or view frame groups. You still would have to create a folder for each of those, then drag that folder into the drawing. 

Guillaume.Desmedt
Collaborator

I agree with @Cadguru42. Partially implemented but optimization since the last version...

Create a master folder could be the solution.

Rgds

Simon_Blain
Advocate

Didn't try with a folder but without a folder you can bring multiple alignement but it won't reference their profiles 😞 and you cannot select multiple profiles from different alignement at the same time.

referencing many alignment = works

referencing many profile from 1 alignement = work

referencing many alignement and their children (profile) at the same time = doesn't work

referencing many profiles from different alignement at the same time = doesn't work.

We shouldn't need to create a folder to create many reference, we should be able to ctrl+click whatever we want to reference too add them all at the same time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report