Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Profile from Surface

Create Profile from Surface

For the love of all that is holly, please allow us the change the name of the profile when we select the surface and add it to the profile list instead of default name i.e. Surface (1,2,3...).

Please and thank you,

6 Comments
rgraeser
Explorer

I can't even spell Holy correctly... that's what I get for posting something while agitated. lol

abd19720
Community Visitor

network failuer

@rgraeser wrote:

For the love of all that is holly, please allow us the change the name of the profile when we select the surface and add it to the profile list instead of default name i.e. Surface (1,2,3...).

Please and thank you,

kerriL3F5N
Explorer

I have my toolspace - profile - commands - createprofilefromsurface settings to change the default name format (profile name template) to the field "sampled surface name" and incremental number format. This way my surface name is in the name of the surface in profile view.

rgraeser
Explorer

That is not a bad work around @kerriL3F5N. But my current employer wants profiles named by type of profile then alignment name.  (eg - align name, fg - align name, cl - align name)  

Your advice is helpful bc I can have it fill out the alignment name for me. Then I will still have to add the eg -, cl - or fg -. It's no the end of the world, but it would be nice if I could just name the profile when I create it. I was in the middle of a large subdivision and sampling multiple surfaces when I decided to hastily vent on the forum.

kerriL3F5N
Explorer

Well, I would agree naming your profile as it goes into the profile view would be nice.....lol....

doubt we will see this option...I'm using C3D 2016 BTW.

jessica.miller
Advocate

This would be very beneficial for us.  We have the template programmed for EG @ <Alignment name> but we still have to go remove the counter every time.  We leave the counter so that we know if there's a profile been made unintentionally.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report