Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create points: Import file (Apply a Description Key).

Create points: Import file (Apply a Description Key).

The Create COGO points dialog box has the button "Import points" to import a file.

In the dialog box of the "Import points" we can apply several operations such as Elevation adjustment, coordinates Transformation, etc..

I think that "Apply description keys" operation should be also available here, not only when we import a DataBase Survey for Survey Points.

I know the workaround of the majority of the users is using directly several Points Groups with a defined point style for each code point but I would also like to have this option to add an own style for each point.

3 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

I have seen that this option is currently available but only from the context menu:  You must select COGO points in the drawing and then press right button of the mouse to select "apply description keys" from the context menu.

I think this option should be also available from the dialog box when we import a points file.

Jeff_M
Consultant

Joan, make sure the Disable Description Keys option is set to False and the DK's work fine.

2-1-2017 6-49-50 AM.png

joantopo
Mentor

Yes, I was wrong.

I though that we had to select a Description Key Set (similar than Survey Prefix Figure DataBase) when actually, all Description Key sets are used together according a priority.

So, when we import a point file and that feature is enabled (Disable Description keys = true), yes, Description keys are applied from all Description key sets.

Sorry, I was confused.

Admin can delete this post or move it to solved, sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report