Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Targeting

Corridor Targeting

I really wish the the Horizontal Offset/Width targeting dialog had a button that would automatically assign the same feature line(s) as vertical targets after selecting them as horizontal targets. A simple checkbox for 'Use as Vertical Target' would be huge. 

Same with alignments. If the alignment is assigned in the horizontal target dialog the vertical target dialog should automatically select this alignment and show the list of profiles without having to select the alignment again. 

Better yet, how about combining the dialogs...

11 Comments
tcorey
Mentor

Amen to this one. What a pain it is to pick horizontal and vertical targets separately when it's the same object.

robert06
Collaborator

This would be neat! Just check 'also a vertical target' when setting a horizontal target of a link (if enabled by assembly) or 'pick profile for vertical target' if the horizontal target is an alignment.

Tags (3)
jacob.dwyer
Advocate
robert06
Collaborator

Exactly.

robert06
Collaborator

I did not come across this thread beforehand, the need is ancestral

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/assign-corridor-offset-and-vertical-target-at-...

nizao_silva
Participant

Command (EDITCORRREGIONTARGETS)
My ideia is to when you go set a profile target in a corridor region(Slope or Elevation Targets), in Select Profiles From Drawing, if you select a profile, the software could automatically select the parent alignment and the profile

Tags (3)

This can be done allowing multiple selection on the assign target form, so one change of the name of the object will change all targets selected.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Tracking internally as CIVIL-38465. This aligns nicely with other work we're doing on the corridor targeting workflows.

jmayo-EE
Mentor

🙂

robert06
Collaborator
TimYarris
Autodesk

You're welcome, @robert06 , but I don't think we've quite satisfied the original idea yet. A checkbox to use the same object as both horizontal and vertical target just missed the cutoff for 2022.1. It's still on the list, so stay tuned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report