Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the properties of surface definition objects

Change the properties of surface definition objects

We should be able to change the settings that were used when data was added to the surface.

Should be able to switch a surface boundary from 'hide' to 'show'. Switch it from 'Destructive' to 'Non-Destructive'.

Should be able to switch a breakline from 'Proximity' to 'Standard' or 'Non-Destructive.
Change the breakline weeding/supplementing/mid-ordinate values.

I don't see any value in having to delete objects from the definition and add them again just to change these settings.

9 Comments
sboon
Mentor

YES!  And allow us to change the settings for smoothing operations!

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

pieter_haeck
Advocate

I agree, since I also posted this request... Smiley Wink

troma
Mentor

Also should be able to open up a volume surface and switch the "Base" or "Comparison" to a different surface.

Joe-Bouza
Mentor
Totally concur
neilyj666
Mentor

These are all great proposals that deserve to be implemented sooner than later to make things truly dynamic....however I won't hold my breath.

Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is a great idea, but the timing isn’t quite right for development consideration in the near term. As such, it is being put on the back burner to be re-visited at a later date. Please continue to comment and add your support.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Sr. Product Manager

Autodesk, Inc.

pieter_haeck
Advocate

@TimYarris 
Any updates on this? This is a very frequently asked question during trainings. This is quite basic...
While other parameters are always accessible to be changed to modify the design, in the surface definition objects it's not possible and we have to delete these and re-add to the definition with other values/settings. Cumbersome and time-consuming.

neilyj666
Mentor

These are all very practical and useful suggestions - precisely why nothing has been done...!!!!

TimYarris
Autodesk

@pieter_haeck , I'm sorry to say I don't have an update on this idea. We'll keep it in mind for the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report