Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM: Property Sets regarding stations of a "Reference alignment" for the Regions.

BIM: Property Sets regarding stations of a "Reference alignment" for the Regions.

I have an issue when I have to deliver BIM projects.

Due to "start station" and "end station" of the corridor is maybe the most important value as pset then I have to create BaseLines in my corridor ALWAYS with the center Baseline (the center of the road).

However, as you know, we can also create BaseLines from Feature Lines (or Corridor Feature Lines) but then start station and end station (in the PSETS) will be from this BaseLine.

In my opinion, when we add a new BaseLine in the corridor and we select "Feature Line", then Civil 3D should ask us a "Reference Alignment" (OPTIONAL).

If we select a Reference Alignment, then when we use the "Extract Corridor to Solid" Region will have 4 Psets regarding stations:

- Start station of the Region.

- Start station of the Region (in the Reference Alignment).

- End station of the Region.

- End station of the Region (in the Reference Alignment).

If no "Reference Alignment" was selected or there is no projection to the Reference Alignment then the value of start or end Station will be Null.

pipe networking pipes in Civil 3D have the "Reference Alignment".

1 Comment
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. The development team will review the idea while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report