Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM and 3D dynamic blocks/objects

BIM and 3D dynamic blocks/objects

Hello,

In this age of development of new production process called BIM i find incredible that we still are unable to build 3D dynamic objects or blocks in Civil 3D or Autocad! We need this quickly to be able to design linear infrastructure projects (with ponctual and specific equipments particularly in a urban context) with a simple workflow.

I think Autodesk is missing something huge trying to sell revit or inventor to get around this problem.

And don't tell us it's difficult to developp, Autocad/Civil 3D has all the capacity to had this third dimension in the block editor.

Thanks a lot

3 Comments
dgorsman
Consultant

It is possible to do this with custom programming, but not easily.  Conventional blocks can handle most needs.

Inventor isn't intended as a substitute - it's far too focused on fabrication details. 

jcmv2000i
Advocate

LOS BLOQUES DINAMICOS, ESTAN COMO ASEEMBLY COMPOSER, CON ESTO SE PUEDEN FORMAR LOS BLOQUES DINAMICOS, SI SE SABE USAR ESTE COMPLEMENTO, O QUE ES LO QUE DESEAS SABER, EL CIVIL SRVE PARA MODELAR, LOS CRITERIOS, LO CREA CADA UNO, CON CIERTOS PARAMETROS QUE SE DESEA DISEÑAR, O EXPLICA MAS TU PREGUNTA, EL BIM SE INTEGRA CON EL CIVIL, INFRAWORK, NAVISWORK, VEHICLE TRACKING, 3DMAX, MAYORMENTE PARA OBRAS VIALES, SANEMAIENTO , HIDRAULICA, PUENTES, HIDROLOGIA

karel.grygar.jr
Collaborator

we need full parametric control and dependencies of the objects in 3D in AutoCAD-based Programms (not just in 2D), that would eliminate many basic problems and makes our job great again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report