Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Pipe Network Structure connection point

Alternate Pipe Network Structure connection point

Currently pipe network structures connect to the center of the structure.  It would be greatly helpful if we could specify or build the part so it can have a connection point on the structure face.  That would mean multiple possible connection points (at least 1 for each face).  Our pipes are measured to inside face of structure, not center.  This will keep labeling consistent between profiles and plan view.

5 Comments
jacob.dwyer
Advocate

This can be achieved using rule sets, but that has its own share of inconveniences. Our office tried using it and found the drawbacks outweighed the benefits. I would love to have a better way.

cfiorica
Enthusiast

Thanks Jacob, I might give that shot anyway.  I have tried using rule sets for other uses in the past and found it to be inconsistent or ineffective  at accomplishing the task.  No use in not trying though.

Thanks,

Carl Fiorica

Charlie.Ogden
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This was implemented in Civil 3D 2019.3 and Civil 3D 2020.1 onward. With the Infrastructure Modeler plugin for Inventor you can add Pipe Connection points to an underground structure and use that in Infrastructure Parts Editor to build a part family with this new functionality. In the Civil 3D versions mentioned there was a new drop-down button added to the Network Layout Tools that let's you connect pipes to the closest connection point instead of the insertion point. More information is available in Help. 

If this does not meet the request then feel free to add comments here. If a new idea is necessary, then you can link it here as well and maybe get the voters of this idea to vote on that as well.
Thanks!

cfiorica
Enthusiast
Excellent. Thanks you Charlie. I will try to find and use this.
Charlie.Ogden
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report