Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment entity tangent to another alignment.

Alignment entity tangent to another alignment.

Istram Ispol and Clip Toolsa have 2 particular alignment entities:

*Retroacoplada a P2

* Acoplada a P1.

They are very useful to hide a fixed entity.

Look at these 2 samples:

SAMPLE 1:

a1.jpg

Civil 3D doesn´t allow us to put a "floating" entity as the first entity in the alignment 2. Civil 3D needs always a previous entity, generally a fixed entity.

If I put a fixed line (length roughly 0) on Alignment 1 and then a "floating entity (from entity end)" after, I can do this.

The trouble is if I want a "floating entity (from entity)". Then my fixed line can´t be roughly 0 length.

To solve this, either Clip Toolsa or Istram Ispol put the following entities in Alignment 2:

- Retroacoplada a P2.

- Fixed.

- Floating (from entity)

- other entities

The "Retroacoplada a P2" is used to "HIDE" the next fixed entity. This way, the start station of the floating entity is actually the alignment start station.

SAMPLE 2:

If you have a fixed line and you want to put a free entity between 2 entities, you need another fixed entity.

The issue is we don´t want the last entity (fixed entity) in alignment 2.

q2.jpg

This is a typical case in roundabouts or interchanges The out-ramp alignment must be parallel (tangent) to another alignment, generally an arc.

Imagine that alingment 1 is the circle (roundabout), and alignment 2 is: fixed line--- free arc-- fixed arc 

To solve this, either Clip Toolsa or Istram Ispol put the following entities in Alignment 2:

- Fixed line

- Free arc

- Fixed arc

- Acoplada a P1.

"Acoplada a P1" hides the fixed arc entity, so the end station of free arc is actually the alignment end station.

I would like new alignment entities in Civil 3D linked to another alignment entities from another alignment.

For example:

"Floating (from entity)" , where the previous entity to be select can be from another alignment.

"Free arc" where the previous or after entity  to be select can be from another alignment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report