Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the EXPORTCORRIDORTOSOLIDS to API

Add the EXPORTCORRIDORTOSOLIDS to API

It takes a long time to export the corridors to solids manually, especially because this needs to happen one by one. There is currently no good way to automate this task. By adding the EXPORTCORRIDORTOSOLIDS functionality to the API, it will be significantly easier to create 3d models from a .dwg.

Right now it is possible to create an entire 3d model in Civil 3D completely automated, apart from this step.

14 Comments
kovacsv1
Advocate

@TimYarris any chance Autodesk could review this one? It could be well used in automatization for infra BIM workflows.

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/extract-solids-for-multiple-corridors/76337/21

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

I agree -- this would align nicely with work we've been doing around corridor solids.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

We're actively researching this idea for a future update to Civil 3D. Thank you for this idea!

tim.arvehammar
Participant

@TimYarris Has there been any changes for this as of yet? (running civil 3d 2022)

kovacsv1
Advocate

@tim.arvehammar Yes, please check the 2023.2 Update.

TimYarris
Autodesk

@tim.arvehammar and @rean.kremer , would you please validate the additions to the Civil 3D 2023.2 API provide what you need for this request?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2023/ENU/Civi...

tim.arvehammar
Participant

@TimYarris Hi, i still dont get it to work. If i select multiple to extract the solids from it still just takes one corridor. 
And in the help there is no indication that there is a possibility to do it another way. But maybe I´m doing it wrong, is there any comperhensive guide on how to do it? 
Im testing on Civil 3d 2023.2. 

TimYarris
Autodesk

@tim.arvehammar  I've asked our development team to provide some guidance on this topic. Please stay tuned.

Hello everyone,

some news about the possibility to extract solids from multiple Corridors?,

I need to get the solid of multiple corridors. (no one by one)

How to get it?.

Thanks in advance.

tim.arvehammar
Participant

@TimYarris I´m starting to tune out, has there been any updates? 

kovacsv1
Advocate

@jesusmaria.fernandezmartin @tim.arvehammar Is it possible that there is some misunderstanding here?

It is still not possible from the UI. Autodesk exposed the API functions for exporting corridor solids.

So it is possible, please take a look at this forum thread for example:

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/extract-solids-for-multiple-corridors/76337/29

@TimYarris Nevertheless, I think it would be a nice touch to integrate the "export multiple solids from multiple corridors" funtion to the UI.

tim.arvehammar
Participant

@kovacsv1  Thanks, yeah i was more after it being added to the UI or as add on module or automated script, not a python script running from the outside. I´d probably have to be closer to a programmer to understand what was happening there. 
We gave up and did it manually. 
But thanks for the clarification. 

nigel.peters
Autodesk

The initial idea has been fulfilled in that we have created the API allowing for customers to create plugin's or Dynamo scripts to re-build corridors.

We added a right click option in the prospector that rebuilds multiple corridors, I will investigate if we can expose that functionality as a command that works on the selection set. This I think would solve your automation request.

tim.arvehammar
Participant

@nigel.peters Dont do it on my account, if it works for the others its probably fine. Im migrating to other softwares. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report