Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Labels dialog enhancement

Add Labels dialog enhancement

It would be really useful if a layer selection combo box was added to the Add Labels dialog box.  This way you could change the object layer prior to placing the lable.  The list should also have a "Use Current" option while the dialog is visible.

A usage example for this would be labeling a single family subdivision plat.  We typically place the labels on their respective layers for the annotations of lots, easements, rights-of-way and boundary lines. 

2 Comments
C3D_TomR
Collaborator

Please add 50 more kudos to this one for the survey departments I support. Use Current needs to be added to Object Layer dialog as well.

troma
Mentor

Similar to this idea.
I appreciate the difference between C3D objects & C3D labels, but they are similar ideas nonetheless. I fully support them both.

Also, along with "Use Current" there should be an option to "Use Layer from Style". For my use, this would be the absolute best. I would love my pipes, structures and all labels to use the layer specified in the style. I don't want all my pipes on one layer, I want them all different as proposed vs existing, storm vs sanitary etc. Using the layer specified in the pipe style would solve this. Similarly for labels.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report