Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom extent in layout tab

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
64gbit
440 Views, 4 Replies

Zoom extent in layout tab

Hello, how do i can get same display for myh layout to look exactly like this ?. So the first picture is my layout from my first drawing. If i use zoom extend on it, it will look like the second picture. In third picture, is my second drawing  which i made with same setting as the previous one, but still get different result. The scale from all drawing is 1:1000 for both vertical and horizontal. Although i used the same way to make drawing and layout like previous one, i still get different display on the layout tab. What should i change to make my second drawing layout to look like the first one ?

Thanks.

My first drawing layout, scale 1:1000My first drawing layout, scale 1:1000My first drawing layout if i use zoom extend on itMy first drawing layout if i use zoom extend on itMy second drawing layout, scale 1:1000My second drawing layout, scale 1:1000My second drawing layout if use zoom extend on itMy second drawing layout if use zoom extend on it

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: 64gbit

Did you run the P & P sheets using Plan Production? If you set the P & P template to the desired scale, everything should come out as expected.

Also, you need to lock the viewport or it will always change the scale when you zoom extents while the viewport is active and unlocked.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
64gbit
in reply to: rl_jackson

Yes, i am using plan production, and i'm using 1:1000 scale for all drawing & viewport for plan and profile, but still didn't get the result that i want to. The problem is, even i locked in the viewport, when plotting the result is still same. The text is still too small when i plot it into pdf.

The only thing that i can fix is the size of labels to hundred times of existing size, which i don't do that in my first drawing, and still get the display i want in layout tab or plotting it into pdf.(the first image in my previous post is my first drawing in layout tab or when i'm plotting it & the size of all labels is 2.54).

Layout from first drawing that i will plotLayout from first drawing that i will plotThe result of pltting into pdf or any plotThe result of pltting into pdf or any plot

Message 4 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: 64gbit

Sounds like you don't have the annotation set correctly. If using a .7 m x 1m sheet (rough guess, I'm not a meters Fela)

Can you post you template file that is producing the sheets... I'm betting it's an easy solution.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
64gbit
in reply to: rl_jackson

Here is the template for layout that i use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report