Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML, SDB and BMP what can i do with that

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Alaaeldin.Alsahli
2405 Views, 4 Replies

XML, SDB and BMP what can i do with that

Hi

I got a folder with a xml file, when i insert it i only have 6 points and it is making sense but what i don't understand now, it is the other folder within my xml folder, where i got a .SDB and a .bmp (Image)

What can i do with that in my civil. From my understanding it is a Survey DataBase but how i could use it and why there is an image of my tunnel scan.

I am new in the civil world, need help

Thanks in Advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

If it's an .sdbx file - yes it is a Survey Database but I would suspect to see some additional files including a "sdbx.info and .sdxx" file.

If you follow these steps you may be able to view the .sdbx file

1.  Navigate to the Survey tab in Toolspace

2.  Right click "Survey Database" and "Set working folder".  The working folder will be the folder you have the .sdbx file saved

3.  Once you set the correct working folder you should be able to view the .sdbx file immediately - no need for importing.

If this post solves your issue or answers your question, Please select the ‘Accept as Solution’ button so other Community members may benefit. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5

I thought the same thing but i found  exactly what is it.

it is file extension that comes from the total station scan MS50 and i need to use Infinity or Cyclone  softwareto convert them into .LAS

Message 4 of 5

AA,

Can you post those files? Zip them together and the Forum will allow posting.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 5

I don'T think i am allow to publish them but i end up asking someone from the survey department if they got infinity and we end up converting it to .LAS to be able to treat it in Recap

Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report